It’s been a while since I updated my blog here but I’m quite busy at the moment so excuse that please😘
Anyway, if you want to stay updated daily, just dollow me on
• Instagram : cathalie_makeup
• facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Cathaliemakeup
Okay so that’s that🙌
Now what is today’s post about?
Yea that’s totally right: HALLOWEEEEEN💀👻👀😷🙀
Halloween is probably the event any (not yet) makeupartist is excited about the most! Simply because you don’t have to make yourself look dang pretty, but you can mess your face up and show your sfx skills and feel good about that!😻
👉 I’ll just start with showing you the looks I created so far this year (the first ones aren’t as good as the latter ones in my opinion doe) :
• The Black Swan
• Wild Tiger 🐯
• Thirsty Vampire🔥
• The exploded face
• The ripper Zombie
• The classic skull
• The shot Gangster Clown
And unfortunately that’s it but you can find every single look I created on my clients for example on my facebookpage!
👉 Now what do I have in my Halloween Kit to create these looks?
From left to right:
• Grey Horror Flesh ➡️ this is a grey paste that’s sticky and with which you can create ‘chunks of skin’. It comes out kind of wet so you’ll have time to form it while it dries. Once it’s dry, you can easily paint over it with eyeshadows or water based color! Horror Flesh is great for a Vampire or Zombie Look where you can have pieces of skin all over your face and in my opinion it looks the best when you use a little piece covered in some blood and put it beside your mouth when going for a Zombie-look! This way it looks like you just ate someone and there’s still some leftovers sticking, you know, like when you eat noodles and there’s sauce on your cheek, you get my idea😛😂
• Blood Gel ➡️ this blood has a kinda liquid-y consistency, but not too liquid, since it’s a gel. You can create super gross chunks of blood with this! And since it’s a little runny, you can let it run down your face so you look like you showered in blood you know💁 unfortunately, this is very light-reflective so in pictures, it shows up really light and fake😭 so to avoid that, i tend to put a black base on the area where I want my blood to be so that it looks a little darker and I even think that way it looks more realistic.
• Water Based Color in Red, Black and White ➡️ this is basically just like your school watercolor set, but you can use this as makeup. (Please don’t use your school stuff on your face, that just won’t work out and is really bad for your skin!) Now I chose these three colors because they are the most important ones, no matter what look you go for. Black is always a must-have, white is the classic ghost color and makes a great base for any pale look and red is like blood and horror movies and stuff you know the deal😎 so these are the most important ones and for the rest, if I need any other color, I just use my normal makeup kit; this means every eyeliner, every eyeshadow palette, etc.
• Some old brushes ➡️ I highly recommend you use brushes and tools you don’t really care about for Halloween-makeup! So don’t take out your beloved Zoeva and Mac brushes, please! Because you cannot really geet them clean anymore. Which sort of brushes you’ll need depends on the look you’re going for. I would recommend you just buy a whole brushes set on ebay or amazon, you know these real cheap ones that cost like 5$ max., and you use them. Mine are mostly from drugstores and amazon and I think they work great for this!
• Liquid Latex ➡️ oh hell yes!!! What would Halloween be without liquid latex on your skin? Seriously! Liquid Latex is a halloweenmakeuplook’s best friend. This stuff will help you create the creepiest looks since you can either dry it and put it on like a mask and then pull on it so that it looks like your skin is ripped off, or you can use it to stick tissue paper onto your face to create texture and some more ripped off skin and anything you like, really👻 for experts: you can dry liquid latex and then form some scary things with it like teeth or eyes or so; check out ellimacsfx on youtube, she’s the most talented sfx makeup artist on this planet in my opinion!
👉 We’ve come to an end!
I really hope you enjoyed this little excursion into my halloween makeup stuff!
If you have any questions on the looks don’t hesitate to contact me🙋
If you live in Luxembourg and want me to do your Halloween Makeup, don’t hesitate to contact me😏